ITHEC is a renowned global conference and exhibition dedicated to advancing the field of thermoplastic composites. It serves as a platform for researchers, industry professionals, engineers, and students to come together and exchange knowledge, innovations, and experiences related to this exciting field. The event is held biennially in the city of Bremen, Germany.
The primary purpose of ITHEC is to foster collaboration, promote technological advancements, and facilitate networking opportunities within the thermoplastic composites industry. Through an array of engaging sessions, presentations, panel discussions, and exhibitiors, ITHEC offers a unique platform for experts and enthusiasts to explore the latest developments, discuss challenges, and shape the future of this rapidly evolving field.
ITHEC features a comprehensive programme consisting of keynote speeches, technical presentations, workshops, and seminars. Renowned experts from academia, industry, and research institutes present their research, share insights into industry trends, and discuss practical applications. These sessions cover a broad range of topics, including material development, manufacturing processes, design and simulation, sustainability, applications in various industries, and much more.
The exhibition at ITHEC showcases the latest products, technologies, and services offered by leading companies in the thermoplastic composites sector. It provides a platform for exhibitors to connect with potential customers, partners, and investors. The exhibition also offers attendees the opportunity to explore innovative solutions, witness new technologies and materials first hand, and gain insight into the newest developments.
ITHEC places great emphasis on networking and collaboration. The event encourages interaction and knowledge exchange among participants through dedicated networking sessions, poster presentations, social events, and informal gatherings. These opportunities foster meaningful connections, promote partnerships, and open doors to new research collaborations and business ventures.
Whether you are a seasoned researcher, industry professional or an aspiring student, ITHEC welcomes you to be a part of this leading event. Come and join us at ITHEC to learn, share, network, educate and contribute to the exciting advancements in the field of thermoplastic composites.
A. Brack, Evonik Industries AG, Marl, DE
J. Dietrich, Faserinstitut Bremen e. V., Bremen, DE
K. Grimm, CONGRESS BREMEN, DE
F. Henning, Fraunhofer ICT, Pfinztal, DE
A.S. Herrmann, Universität Bremen, DE
F. Justus, CONGRESS BREMEN, DE
D. Leach, ATC Manufacturing Inc, Post Falls, USA
R. Lenferink, Toray Advanced Composites BV, Nijverdal, NL
A.R. Offringa, GKN Fokker, Hoogeveen, NL
J. Teuwen, TU Delft, NL
A. Blom-Schieber, The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA, USA
A. Brødsjø, NL
P. Ermanni, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, CH
M. Fuchs, KraussMaffei Technologies GmbH, München, DE
W. Grouve, University of Twente, Enschede, NL
P. Hansen, HIVE Composites Ltd., Loughborough, UK
M. Huisman, NL
G. Kopp, DLR Institut für Fahrzeugkonzepte, Stuttgart, DE
M. Mayer, CTC GmbH, Stade DE
P. Mitschang, Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe GmbH, Kaiserslautern, DE
D. Peeters, Delft University of Technology, Delft, NL
T. Renault, Faurecia, Nanterre, FR
F. Schemm, Victrex Europa GmbH, Hofheim / Taunus, DE
B. Schwing, Airbus Operations GmbH, Bremen, DE
W.J. ter Steeg, Teijin Carbon Europe GmbH, Wuppertal, DE
K. Uzawa, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Hakusan, JP
The development of ITHEC
MESSE BREMEN & ÖVB-Arena is aware of its joint responsibility in protecting the environment and climate. A contribution is, for example, the installation of solar power systems on the roofs of Halls 4 to 7. They produce 750,000 kilowatt hours of electricity each year which corresponds to about 25 per cent of the venue’s energy requirements. Green electricity is used for the remaining sum.
energy produced in-house
less energy consumption
A combined heat and power plant also produces heat with reduced CO2 emissions. The last event halls have been equipped with LED lamps in 2018, so that all halls including the ÖVB Arena can then be illuminated in an energy-saving manner.
Overall, energy consumption decreased from 4.4 million to 3.5 million kilowatt hours from 2006 to 2016 despite significantly more events being held here.
Known for its rich cultural heritage and technological innovation, Bremen provides an ideal backdrop for this international event. Participants can explore the city's historic landmarks, enjoy its cultural offerings, and experience its modern lifestyle.
As a city Bremen has a long history of being a hub for technological advancement. It is home to many innovative companies and research institutions, relating to sectors within the thermoplastic composite field.
Located in the heart of Northern Germany, Bremen is easily accessible from major cities within Germany and through its modern airport and well-connected train station from all over the continent and world.
Highlighted by its nickname “the city of short walks”, Bremen convinces by its well connected inner city. Within a short walk from the conference premises participants can explore the charming old town, or enjoy the view of the Weser.
Directions & Accommodation
- Comfortably to MESSE BREMEN with 3 bus lines: Bus line 24 (stop "Blumenthalstraße"), bus lines 26 and 27 (stop "Messe Centrum")
- Also by tram: with line 5 (stop "Messe-Zentrum") and lines 6 and 8 (stop "Blumenthalstraße")
- Further information is available on the Website of the BSAG.
- From Bremen main station: approx. 3 minutes on foot
- Train connections every hour
- Almost 50 ICE and IC/EC connections daily
- Deutsche Bahn timetable information
- Deutsche Bahn event ticket
- Quick connection to the A1, A27, A28.
- It takes only 10 minutes from the freeway exit to the open-air grounds in front of MESSE BREMEN with 2,500 parking spaces.
- From the freeway exits, simply follow the signs to "Centrum / Messe Bremen".
- Due to the fair “Freimarkt” taking place during ITHEC right next to the Congress Center Bremen there will be no parking facilities on the public parking space “Bürgerweide”. Only limited parking facilities will be available in the car park 'MESSE BREMEN' next to the Congress Center.
- For the multi-storey car park please enter "Hollerallee 99, 28215 Bremen" into your navigation system. For more information, on parking fees please visit the BREPARK Website
- Bremen Airport is only about 7 kilometers away from MESSE BREMEN and the city center. The tram station is located directly in front of the airport and with line 6 (direction "Universität") you can reach the exhibition grounds (stop "Blumenthalstraße") in about 18 minutes.
- The airport is connected to all major hubs and airports in Germany and Europe. Details on thewebsite of Bremen Airport.
- A drop off area for taxis is available in front of the halls or a cab stand at the north exit of the main station.
We appreciate your intended stay in the Hanseatic City of Bremen.
In order to look online for an accomodation perfectly fitting your requirements or to select the touristic attractions in the city and the surrounding landscape you don't want to miss, we recommend you to visit our partner site https://www.bremen.de/ which is the official city directory of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen.
In case you do prefer an individual consultation by phone, please contact
the Service Hotline of the Bremen Convention Bureau (Bremen Tourism)